Thursday, February 11, 2010

Quick Bite: Cheeseburger

Elizabeth put her own spin on the cheeseburgers we had at Elevation Burger last month. You can check out that post here. These burgers were 93/7 lean beef, topped with sharp cheddar and caramelized onions. I've been avoiding onions for the last 20 years or so (although my family still talks about how I sat on my great-grandmother's lap and took bites out of whole onions) - but these were delicious. Elizabeth put a little sugar in with the onions as they cooked, and to my surprise the sweetness really worked with the rest of the burger.


We ate them on the freshly baked Ciabatta rolls I purchased earlier in the day, and baked up some tots as a side. A little Sam Adams Noble Pils was the perfect accompaniment to the meal.

No comments:

Post a Comment